Area of Expertise:
- Accredited Speaker - Toastmasters International.
- Children's & Adult Specialist and Mentor in Dance:
- Teacher of Body Awareness and Muscle Movement.
- Ballet Teacher in Technique, Terminology.
- Special Emphasis on Introduction to Classical Music and Instruments.
- Chorographer and Costume Coordinator.
- Children's Ministry-Director:
- Ministry Operations Coordinator.
- Minister and Bible Teacher to Children Ministry Prayer Captain.
- Special Event and Biblical Curriculum Coordinator.
- Public Speaker
- Fitness 4 Life Coordinator:
- Speaker on Heathy Eating and Nutrition.
- Understanding Proper Body Movement in Exercising.
- Learning to create plans on how to balance your Healthy Life Styles.
- Being a Champion 4 Life.
- Finding Your Voice - "Shaping - A Divine Journey" written by Darlene West, produced by Linda Ellis Eastman
- TRANSFORM - Moving into Divine Purpose - Autobiography and Children's Ministry Manual
Seminars or Keynote Topics:
- Encouragement for the Next Level Part 1 & 2
- Just Do It!
- Stress Management & Exercise Focus
- Movement 4 Life Focus
- A Pearl of H-O-P-E
- Knowing your Purpose and Resolution.
Darlene West is a member of Phillips Temple Church, a CME Congregation of Dayton, Ohio where she serves as Director of Noah’s Ark and Creation Station Children’s Ministry for the past 24 years. She graciously utilizes her gift of service as a Prayer Captain, and Encouragement Coach to the teachers, children, and families of the ministry.
For the past 30 years Darlene has served in the Dayton community being part of different Life Enrichment Projects and Programs. Darlene’s philosophy that she shares with her students is “Live life in an excellent manner so, you may have the opportunities to achieve the goals you are striving to accomplish. Take time to help someone else that might have fallen along the way. For God has sent you to encourage and enlighten another person on their life’s journey. That will be the greatest gift one individual can share” Darlene recognizes that her philosophy is more than words, but a lifestyle that will shine ever so brightly over other people lives. This light shows how God has transformed her for His Divine Purpose.
Darlene is an avid dancer and gifted dance instructor at Jeraldyne’s School of Dance for the past 35 years. She combines these gifts to mentor children and teens in ballet technique and terminology, classical music, body awareness, muscle movement, and a choreographer. The school was established in 1968 and is The Corner Stone of the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company - Jeraldyne Blunden, Founder. She generously shares her talents for the past 10 years, as a vivid member of the Kummba Drama, Drum and Dance Company. The African Dance Company was established in 1968 - Renee’ McClendon, Founder. Both Founders established their Dance Companies in Dayton, Ohio, where they were born and raised. Darlene gladly volunteers her time at the Life Enrichment Center where she teaches a Senior Citizen Exercise Class. She calls it “Movement 4 Life” for better Health.
Darlene has been the recipient of many awards and accomplishments for her contributions to the arts and her community including: 2019 received her 40 year Service Pin, City of Dayton – Police Department, 2017 Dayton Police Department Non-Sworn Employee of the Year, 2017 Joseph Cline Award (Honoring City of Dayton Employees for Excellent Public Service), 2017 received Minister’s License of the Gospel from Pathway Ministries, Inc, 2016 achieving the Competent Communicator – Bronze Status from Toastmaster International, 2016 Unsung Hero Award (DCDC Women’s Enrichment and Empowerment Workshop), the 2005 Top Ten African American Women Award, 2000 Building Community Culture Works Award, and the 1997 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Jeraldyne’s School of Dance.
Of her many accomplishments, Darlene realizes without God, none of this would have been possible. A true woman of God committed to spiritual growth and integrity.