- Healing of The Heart: Lessons From My Journey
Seminars or Keynote Topics:
- Cultural Equity in Therapeutic Conversations
- The Importance of Resilience in Cancer Care
- Stages of Development: Looking at the parent-child relationship
Areas of Expertise:
- Keisha’s Passion and Commitment
- Women and children are often victims of traumatic experiences, resulting in anxiety, depression and compromised quality of life. Keisha’s passion and commitment to a compassionate person-centered approach were cultivated and shaped by observing these traumatic experiences early in her own life and work.
- Keisha has completed specialized training in trauma recovery, specifically Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), CBT and DBT. Keisha also specializes in Recent Trauma Episode Protocol, Group Trauma Episode Protocol, and Systematic Training for Effective Parenting.
Keisha Henry, MSW, LCSW, is a Board Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist specializing in trauma recovery and parent education work with women and adolescents. Mrs. Henry is the Founder and Senior Clinician at New Beginning Healing Institute, LLC. Currently, and Adjunct Professor at Palm Beach State College. Prior, Mrs. Henry has been practicing for 15+ years in community-based settings ranging from the public sector/county government, rural areas, to private entities, such as hospitals and non-profit service agencies. Mrs. Henry is a wife and mother of 5 children ranging in age from 25-10 years old. She has many hobbies; however, has an intense love and commitment for working-out, swimming, and reading. Mrs. Henry holds a Master of Social Work from the Ellen Whiteside School of Social Work at Barry University, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree, with honours, at Saint Leo University.