Areas of Expertise:
- Holistic Nursing
- Integrative Medicine
- APO E genetic testing
- Amma Therapy
- Energy Medicine
- The Confident Woman: Tapping Into Your Inner Power (2013)
- Getting Well: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Transforming Healthcare: Bringing CARE Back into Healthcare, Reformed to Deformed to Transformed
Seminars or Keynote Topics:
- Creating Optimal Wellness of Mind, Body and Spirit
- Unleashing the Power of Nurses
- Intentional Wellness, The APO E Gene Diet - A Breakthrough in Chronic Illness
- Pulling the Plug on Stress -Living Harmoniously in Chaos
- Unlocking the Power Within - Keys to Living your Full Potential
- Popular Fad Diets - Truth or Consequences
- Eating Healthy Through the Holidays
Kim is an advanced practice nurse who is truly interested in helping people achieve their optimal health of mind, body and spirit. While working as a critical care nurse specialist in the mid 90's, Kim realized that 75% of the patients in the Intensive Care Unit had illnesses that could have been prevented. From that moment on, she dedicated herself to stop preventable chronic illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Kim has training in Amma Therapy (acupressure/massage), Energy Medicine, Hanna Kroeger Techniques, Reiki, and is a graduate of Andrew Weil M.D.'s Program in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona. She is board certified as an advanced practice holistic nurse. She along with 2 colleagues have developed Intentional Wellness, a 10 week program based on science that includes personalized nutritional and fitness programs (based on the APO E gene), stress management techniques and lots of laughter.
Kim lives in Louisville, KY with her husband, Dave. Together they have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. Kim works full time in her private practice. She has a large extensive family with 15 nieces and nephews that she adores.